Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby steps...

You know the week is not off to the best start when you are ready for the weekend by Monday at 5:00 PM. Not sure exactly what it is, but I am finding it hard to be exceedingly motivated...which is something that I must overcome because there is a lot to accomplish before Friday.

Anyway, a recap of the weekend: Meg and I had a good time in Apex. We spent Saturday evening at our good friends' (Matt & Karen) home. Dinner was great and hanging out with them and Mike and Emily was a good time as always. I also want to thank Matt publicly for the awesome cookies from Fresh Market! Meg was especially pleased to be able to watch a couple of this season's episodes of the Office. Unfortunately, she works most Thursday nights and has to wait to the whole season is released on DVD.

Worship on Sunday morning was good as well. I gave God's message and it was a real blessing to me. By faith, I went to the pulpit with less than a full manuscript and I am humbled that he honored that. I am sure that I did not say everything the exact way that I wanted to say it, but that is not the point. I had several people comment - my effort unbeknown to them - that I seemed to have really "come alive" and authentically connected with the congregation. This was very encouraging to me because it was exactly what is lacking when I use a manuscript.

So, thank God for baby steps. I am not arrogant enough to think that I have "arrived" yet. I have much to learn and experience. However, seeing God work in the way that he did, I am now even more confident in his grace than I was before.

No comments: