Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wrecked 'em?

Yeah, so today did not quite get off to the start I had hoped for...there was a lot on my plate: work for the church, run through my sermon for preaching clinic, and then preach said sermon at said preaching clinic at 1:00.

So, I canceled my coffee meeting with Josh this morning so I could get to the church early to get that work done. On my way there, when I was literally a block from the church, I was coming to a stop at a stoplight - and that's when I looked in my rear-view mirror and noticed that the Mercedes behind me wasn't going to be able to stop. And, yep, he did hit me. Thankfully we were both okay and thankfully he didn't hit me that hard. Fortunately for me, our Passat took the punch like a champ! As much as working on that car gives me headaches (btw, I did get the headlights replaced...finally), it sure was built to take a beating. Other than some scrapes and scratches it'll be just fine after some touch up. The Mercedes, on the other hand didn't fare so well. It will need at least a new bumper, his hood fixed, and a new radiator.

Maybe I should have kept that coffee meeting after all...

No comments: