Wednesday, May 14, 2008

'Twas the night before finals...

'Twas the night before finals
and all through the house,
Not a noise could be heard,
but the SOUND OF THE PRINTER SPITTING OUT MY HEBREWS-REVELATION PAPER!!!!"

Yes, the last paper of the semester is finally done! My exegesis of James 4:4-6 is now behind me (and still kicking my behind) and my attention now fully turns to finals. Four days - four exams. Thursday: NT Canon. Friday: Worship. Monday: Hebrews-Revelation. Tuesday: Hebrew. Wednesday: beer and sleep. :-) If you think about it, pray for me. This season is always hectic. Pray that I'll be a good Christian, a good husband (poor Meg has to put up with me during all of this), and a good student.

And for some closing fun facts, here are the stats for my paper:
Pages: 18 (space-and-a-half), including bibliography
Words: 4, 897
Footnotes: 72
Words including footnotes: 7,833

Can you believe it? I almost wrote another paper just in my footnotes! Eh, it's all over now. I think I'll have a Guinness tonight - it always gets me ready for whatever comes my way.

2 comments:

Tim said...

That sounds like a really tough week. I'll pray for you.

Dan Layman said...

thanks, tim. it's good to have know a brother is praying.