Monday, June 16, 2008

A little random...

Now that I have a little bit of breathing room in my schedule, I present to you a new dose of randomness:

* Iphone - yeah, so a lot of people have asked me if I am going to upgrade my iPhone to the flashy new version coming out next month. One word: NO. Even if they do discount it considerably for us current owners (as has been rumored), I will pass. Here's the deal. They are selling it cheaper, right? But, you have to renew your contract for a new two year deal. Plus, they are increasing the data plan price by $10. By my math, that is $240. This is more than the $200 discounted price. As long as they let me keep my current plan (which they plan to do as of now), I will pass. Sure, I will miss out on the 3G goodness, but come on, with the abundant availability of WiFi these days, is it really worth an extra $10 a month?!?! I think I will wait for the 3rd generation, thank you.

* I preached a sermon on Leviticus 22 yesterday at Uptown church. This was my second sermon in Leviticus. Internships are valuable to seminary students for many reasons - but I just may find the most value in my preaching of those two texts. Preaching classes at school never pick books like Leviticus for you to preach from...I wonder why.

* So, I (err...Pedro) actually had a good time bowling a couple of weeks ago. I even broke 100 once. But, even though I had fun, I still hate bowling. Pedro hates it too.

* Backyard Bible Club (aka VBS) is this week. Our church has three different clubs going and I am serving at the one closest to our apartment. Today was a blast. The kids are so much fun to be around and it is an amazing way to be a witness of God's kingdom work among the covenant children of our church.

* Next week is the class with Dr. Horton at RTS. I am real excited about that.

* I only have one year of seminary left...wow. I will be 32 in three months...wow again.

* I have been drinking less coffee and I feel better.

* The Salukis are going to be one of the top four seeds in this years coaches vs. cancer pre-season tourney (the other three are Duke, Michigan, and UCLA). I'm not sure how we landed that privilege after last year's debacle and this years youth movement but it is an awesome opportunity.

* Hey Cubs fans - IT'S JUNE!!!! Have fun choking in September!

2 comments:

Joshua Stockment said...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...you have a freakishly small left foot.

Dan Layman said...

megan just saw this comment and laughed...i didn't.