Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Backyard fun...

I had forgotten how much fun VBS or Backyard Bible Clubs could be. Dan was a crew leader for the preschool age group (4-5) and he had 6 little beautiful children to shepard around to all of the activity stations. I helped out on Tuesday and was so blessed by the children and their joy that on Friday when the preschool group would be short a leader I volunteered to help out again. I truly loved the three hours I spent with them those days.

One of my favorite things at Backyard Bible Clubs was that the theme for the day was reiterated at each station. For example, on Tuesday we learned about Jesus healing a blind man with mud so at the first station we had the Bible story, then at the games we played with mud, and then at snacks we ate mud (chocolate pudding and gramham crackers). It was neat and just encouraging to see the children be able to use all five senses while learning about God and the truths of Christ. It actually caused me to reflect on my own learning about God and how I'm sure that I would remember better if I engaged more of my senses in the learning process.

What a blessing to spend time and invest in covenant children and to share the Gospel with the world.

No comments: