Sunday, July 20, 2008

The source...

One of my life-long dreams came to fruition on Thursday afternoon. I got to go to the very source of Guinness beer itself. There I stood at St. James gate, my eyes welling with tears and my heart bubbling with joy. So maybe it wasn't that dramatic, but I was pretty much like a kid in a candy store!

Meg and I and our friend Tom made the trek down to the Guinness storehouse and payed our fee for the tour. As cool as the tour was, what we really wanted most was that perfect pint up on the seventh floor in the sky lounge. And contrary to any other opinion, it absolutely tasted amazing right there. I cannot even put it into words, but it was soooooooo good that even Meg drank hers fast. There was a bit of time crunch to make sure we caught the train in time, but I think the fact that she finished hers before we did speaks volumes.



No comments: