Saturday, April 5, 2008

A date in review......

One of my very favorite things to do is go out to eat and actually go to the theater to see a movie. During this season, those luxuries have been scaled back a little so when we do get to go and do both it is a real treat. We try to go once a month, but lately none of the movie choices have drawn us out to spend the 19 dollars at the show when in two months I can rent it for less than a quarter of the price. But this month we found a movie that we actually did want to go to the box office and see! So last night was an official date night!!!! Yea!!!

For all of you out there that are married with or with out children, please set aside time to date each other. It is so very much fun. Not to mention to be purposeful with what you talk about - or maybe a better way of saying that is what you don't talk about.... no school, papers, tests, work, finances, stressful stuff... just the stuff that matters...like humor, places you would like to travel, things you would like to do, how you wish you were different, how you are changing, what is God teaching you (Not to mention all the sweet stuff about your spouse and how thankful to God you are that they are apart of your life). Everyone needs that time...

Anyway back to the actual date. Dan brought flowers home that evening,which he arranged himself :-)!



Then we were out for sushi. One of our very favorites places to go in Charlotte. Actually, Nikko's is something that we will definitely miss when we move.

As much as we enjoy SushiThai in Cary, I seriously doubt that they will have the Charlotte roll (my favorite) or the Dynamite roll (Dan's favorite). But I digress.

Dinner was lovely and quiet, plenty of time to just talk and then we went to go and see Leatherheads. The movie was entertaining. Not necessarily the best movie I have seen of recent, but definitely enjoyed. At no point then or since, have I wished for my life back. That can not be said of a majority of movies I have seen. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 7.

I must say one of the most humorous, adventures of the night was the actual ticket buying. We chose to go to a 7:15 show (didn't want to be out too late) and oh, to be a teenager again. We got to be behind about 10 teenagers in line. Let's just say, Dan isn't much for waiting and when you throw in 10 13-16 year olds loitering around the ticket window it is an amusing site. At one point Dan just started shaking his head and of course, as a good wife I asked what he was thinking. With a frown he responds "God is just giving me insight as to what I looked like when I was their age. I did exactly those same things". But once through the line, the movie watching uneventful.

There was a very pleasant light thunder storm as we were leaving. So home we went to enjoy the rain and dessert. Oh, hot chocolate on a rainy night. What a perfect end to the evening!!! Hope all of you have a very happy weekend :-)

1 comment:

Joshua Stockment said...

Sounds like alot of fun.

Expensive fun.

Must be nice to be married so you don't have to spend lots $$ on dates often :-P