Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Little sweet, little spicy, little loud........

Sounds a little like me, huh. But no, those are just a few of the adjectives I wanted to use to describe my birthday evening! No, today is not my birthday, this weekend is. I will be out of town at a women's retreat this weekend with our church in Apex, and Dan would not have been able to celebrate with me so..... we decided to celebrate tonight!!! I must say that it has been an excellent evening!!

My birthday dinner took place at P.F. Chang's (one of my favorite places to go, but don't normally). As a birthday dinner, I got to splurge on a couple of my favorites (1) appetizer- crab wontons (2) dessert- flourless chocolate mound and banana spring rolls. The wontons have been a favorite for awhile. They are served with this delicious spicy plum sauce and are always very flavorful. The dessert was a new one for me. I have no idea exactly what the "chocola
te mound" was made of, but it was rich and amazing!! It was served with this raspberry sauce and fresh berries...yum! Now for those of you who know Dan and I well, know that we CANNOT EVER SPLIT A DESSERT! Why, you may be wondering... Simple... the man doesn't really like chocolate.. (I'm thinking about having him checked out) . Anyway, he had the banana spring roll thing that was served with this coconut pineapple ice cream. It was very tasty too, but not my personal cup of tea. Which is why we don't share when it comes to dessert.

Now for the loud, but very entertaining part of the evening, Dan took me to see Dave Barnes in concert at the Neighborhood Theater. Dan discovered him while looking for music to go on his parents' anniversary CD last year. Anyway, we've come to really enjoy his music, and the concert itself went above our expectations (We give it a 7 out of 10). I'm glad that Dan took this opportunity for us to see him live. It was a great evening!!! Even if today isn't my actually birthday....I do feel very celebrated by my husband!

<- Here I am looking all cute and ready to go out...(Dan wrote that). Dan also wants to let all of his 80s friends out there know that he saw a young Steve Guttenberg dancing around like Big Bird on an acid trip tonight. Dan just kept yelling "Maloney!" and something about Johhny Five at him.



1 comment:

Joshua Stockment said...

Glad you had fun, hope this weekend goes well for you!