Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Running them into the ground...

Prodigal Jon over at Stuff Christians Like has asked what the new "Our God is an Awesome God" is in our churches today. He explains that this particular song ("Our God is an Awesome God") was well overplayed and oversung in the 90s and conjectures that he himself may have sung that chorus 19 million times. I know I have at least sang it a million times if not more.

So that got me thinking: What worship songs do I think that churches are running into the ground these days? Here are some that I can think of:

1. Holy is the Lord (Anything by Christ Tomlin, really)
2. Shout to the Lord
3. Sing to the King
4. Here I Am to Worship
5. Open the Eyes of My Heart
6. God of Wonders

I know there are probably more but that is all I can think of right now. If you have any others in mind post a comment and let me know.

No comments: