Saturday, May 31, 2008

Home sweet home...

I made it home from the Banner of Truth conference late Thursday night. It was such a great and refreshing time. I was truly fed by the Lord through the speakers and the times of fellowship. There is no doubt that I will try to attend this event again in the future.

If you look at the picture to the left, you will see the many books that I was able to bring back with me from the conference and the area bookstore that we visited. This was made possible by an anonymous gift given to each of the seminary students in our group by some elders at First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, SC. They truly wanted to provide for us a way to build our libraries and did so out of a spirit of immense generosity. This was truly humbling and well appreciated by me and the others.

I am posting a series of reflections over at The Layman Chronicles for those of you who are interested in reading them. There are others who have done similarly and I would encourage you to also take a look at their offerings as well: Tim Challies, Steve Burlew, and Jim Vallenga.

Thank you all for your prayers!

No comments: