Saturday, May 24, 2008

Up for a visit...

One of my very favorite things is having people come to visit. I enjoy every aspect of it: the cleaning of the house, meal planning, looking for fun things to do and not to mention the actual visitors.

Well, this past weekend, in the midst of Dan's finals, we had my step-sister, Kari, and her boyfriend, Nick, out for a long weekend from the Chicago area. It was a great time. We had been planning it for several months now and I was off from work for 5 whole days, which means I was not sleep deprived during their stay, and was able to cook all weekend. Cooking for some may not be an exciting thing, but I enjoy it. I am often too tired or just too lazy to go to all the tro
uble. Don't get me wrong, I cook, but it's nothing fancy and no recipes are needed. This last weekend I tried out 2 new recipes (greek grilled chicken, and this pudding cookie thing~both very good) in addition to my tried and true recipes (blueberry coffee cake, and strawberry shortcake). Dan was in heaven :-)

We also did a little exploring. We went to the local botanical gardens (about 45 minutes away) and had fun. God had given us an absolutely beautiful day. The gardens were lovely and we then enjoyed a picnic. We did a little shopping (standard when coming for a visit...we have some interesting malls), and spent lots of time just talking, enjoying the weather and relaxing. I think the whole weekend (3 1/2 days) we may have had the television on for about four hours!! Praise God for fellowship with his saints. It was a really good time. I think even Dan would have to admit it was a nice break from his finals.

Dan and I often talk about opening a bed and breakfast one day. I truly hope that God would allow us to open our home in that way one day. Anyone up for a visit??

No comments: