Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A delightful weekend was had by all...



First things first, the red velvet cake turned out great! We ended up eating about half of it over the weekend. It probably rates up in the top 5 of cakes I like. Nothing can beat pure straight up German chocolate cake!!!



Secondly, bowling was a blast!! The ally that we went to was a little pricier than I remembered bowling to be, but
we managed to get the Family Fun Pack that came with popcorn and soda :-) We bowled three games and our scores actually improved as we went. I did rock out my personal bowling ball, but it quickly got replaced by a lighter ball. I'm not as strong as I was when I was 10~ 13 lbs was a little too heavy for me this time. Pedro showed up and actually he bowled quite well!! For Pedro that is...


Sunday was a good day of rest. Church that morning was especially good~ very blessed and encouraged by the pastor's message. Enjoyed the traditional crock pot lunch and then ice cream...

I think that my dad had a happy 60th birthday and felt celebrated, which is really all that is important!!


Happy Birthday Dad!!

1 comment:

Dan Layman said...

I beat my wife!!! (in bowling, that is...) ;-)