Friday, June 6, 2008

Keep it out of the gutter...

My dad is coming to town this evening and I am very excited about it! He will be turning 60 on Monday and he chose to come here to celebrate. Of course, several folks in IL weren't too keen on the idea of not getting to celebrate with him and so he will be leaving early on Monday morning to see them too.

We plan on having a little birthday celebration tomorrow afternoon. We are going bowling with him and a girlfriend of mine (very excited about the bowling!). Dan doesn't enjoy bowling as much as the rest of us, and I love to bowl. I used to be in a league when I was little. I'm thinking maybe 10 years old or so...my high game at that time was 174. I have NEVER even come close to that again!!! I do get to rock out my own personal bowling ball this weekend! (Probably hasn't been used since that high game) My dad to0 is an avid bowler, still bowls in a league. To be honest, he will probably beat the total of all three of our scores (Sorry Lauren, you may be really good. I just know that Dan and I aren't anymore).

I've also made my very first red velvet cake to celebrate. I don't think I've ever had red velvet cake. I'm looking very forward to that experience!

I'm really looking forward to spending time with my dad and relaxing. I promise more details to come - with pictures :-)

3 comments:

Dan Layman said...

Is Pedro coming?

Megan Layman said...

I can only hope! I have a crush on him~ even if he can't bowl!!

Anonymous said...

i will bowl a 29 for you megan layman. i will even wear shiny shoes!