Sunday, June 1, 2008

While the Cat is away...


Many of you may be wondering what have I been doing while Dan is gone?

The answer: WORK!

Yes, working and missing Dan is what I've been doing. I worked the first two nights last week while Dan was away. So in someways my life maybe didn't change so much... I'm used to sleeping alone during the day, and when I work I don't do much besides work and sleep. So I didn't notice as much that he wasn't around except for the fact that I had to cook all of my meals and clean them up, pack my lunches and didn't get nearly as many hugs and kisses as normal (The cat just isn't the same). Anyway, week one~ learned how much Dan serves me every day and all of the little things that he does to help me be the best I can be and still get everywhere on time. I am a very spoiled wife.

Wednesday was a little bit of a different story. A girlfriend and I went out for dinner, a little shopping, and a movie on Wednesday night. I had a great time. I haven't done that in a long time. I don't have many evenings free and those that I do I prefer to spend with my husband so a girls night out was much over do and a GREAT time. I do believe that even Dan benefited from it too. :-) All was well until I got home and needed to go to sleep. I'm not used to sleeping alone at night. It took awhile for me to fall asleep, but it helped knowing that once I got up Dan would be home that very same day :-) I had to work Thursday night so I didn't get to see him until Friday morning, but we have been together every minute until 2 pm today when I dropped him off to go to the staff retreat.

I am off tonight, and will have a small group meeting this evening. Again, I'll be especially reminded of Dan's MIA when I go to bed tonight. I'm so glad we have a cat. Gracie is a great snuggler. Tomorrow I work, and then Tuesday he will be home when I wake up. All in all, I must say that God has provided abundantly while Dan's been away. Besides missing is good for the heart. It helps me remember all of the fantastic qualities of my husband that I too often take for granted.

No comments: