Thursday, July 12, 2007

Red Mountain B-sides & The Captains Courageous...

Thanks to Kara for pointing us to the free Red Mountain Music B-sides available for download from their website. If you love old hymns put to new music, then you will likely love Red Mountain Music. Be sure to check them out!

Also, for you Andrew Peterson fans out there, you can now follow the progress of the recording of his new album here. He promises frequent updates and it will no doubt be fun to follow the making of this much-anticipated project.

2 comments:

Dave said...

My Brother-in-law and his family got to Red Mountain. That music is some of the best I have ever heard. I love the hymn to new music RUF style especially when the song style matches the words (not always the case with RUF), and there are good musicians involved. The only ncient modern mix I can't gel with is when it is new music to a really wel known old hymn. Thus. On Jordan's storm banks=good, Be thou my vision and other untouchables=not very good. Red Mountain does a really good job. May favorite CD is the Gadsby project.
Dave

Dan Layman said...

Much agreed on all accounts. And I especially concur with the comments about matching song style to the words. Sometimes it is like singing "Love of a Lifetime" by Firehouse to the music of the "Electric Slide". Not that I have tried that or anything...