Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The numbers game...

I have had quite a bit of numbers floating around in my head lately due to various circumstances...let me explain:

0 - the number of times I have reviewed my Hebrew Grammar from the fall semester. Our professor is giving us a quiz on our return in February to see if we have kept up with it. Oops.

6.022x10^23 - if you know what this number is off the top of your head than you are as big of a dork as I am...

7 - the number of chapters it took me to read before I actually "liked" Donald Miller's "Blue Like Jazz". (Note: "liked" does not imply agreement or endorsement".

13 - thirteen points, that is - the numbers of points the Salukis managed to score in the first half of their b-ball game with Illinois State over the weekend. Are you kidding me?! Thirteen! The middle school team I played on in 1986 could have scored more points than that in twenty mintues! Are you kidding me?!

15 - the number of Westminster Shorter Catechism questions I have memorized. I have a long way to go...

18.50 - the price of a one hundred page paperback book I had to buy for my upcoming "Christianity in the Postmodern World" class.

45 - the number of points the Salukis scored in the first half of their b-ball game with Bradley on Tuesday night...hello Dr. Jeckyl, meet Mr. Hyde...unbelievable

1,000 - the number of times I have gotten tired of the phrase "emergent conversation" instead of "emerging church/movement"



3 comments:

Joshua Stockment said...

0 -the number of comments on this post until now

- Noah Kiser said...

i pegged you for a numbers guy... not to mention a man in love with modernity... cannot beleive you are "hatin" on the word "conversation."

and a parting shot - no salukis in the tourney this year - guess the banana hammocks will have to choose a new cinderella!

Dan Layman said...

Hey Noah, let me know the next time JMU makes the tourney, okay?

Welcome to blogger btw, hope you can manage to post more often than i do...