Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Empty Promises and the NIT

I could take a moment and talk about how I have meant to post more but haven't and whine about how busy we have been and BLAH BLAH BLAH...but I won't. But I am back (seriously...I am)!

I am really torn about what to watch on TV tonight. Here are my options:

1) American Idol - I mean, come on, besides "Dancing with the Stars" how many other shows actually have 11 minutes of actual meaningful television in a ninety minute time slot? This is quite a compelling option...

2) Coppin State vs. Mount Saint Mary's in the NCAA tourney play-in game. This game has so much going for it - a below .500 team playing for a chance to get slaughtered by UNC and a team with a most unfortunate school name going head to head in the most meaningless game of the year. Also quite compelling...

3) My own Southern Illinois Salukis playing a first round game at home against Oklahoma State on ESPN2 in the first round of the NIT (i.e. Not-good-enough-to-be In (the real) Tournament). You would think I was excited, right? No! I want the bleeding to stop and we're going without our starting point guard who has a stress fracture in his leg. My guess is the first team to 40 points wins. My prediction: OSU 44 SIU 41 in 2OT. This is about as compelling as watching the latest Alyssa Milano Lifetime channel movie. I will only watch this intently if I can secure some Newcastle.

Writing all of that reminds me how much I love Spring break. It's nice to not have class and so many other things on my mind that I can actually deliberate what I want to watch on TV. The glass is half full indeed...

No comments: