Monday, April 28, 2008

Spinning wheel...

I know you are going to be disappointed, but this post is not about the awesome Blood, Sweat, & Tears song of the same name. It's about that glorious and wonderful time of the year that us students like to call the "end-of-the-semester-panic" about papers and finals. Seriously, I am getting way too old for this.

Take today for example. I get up and plan to print out some notes so that I can work on a study guide for one of my finals. That didn't work because I was out of ink. So, I had to drive to Staples to get said ink and then come back home and start something else. That something else was a paper. I worked on it for almost 3 1/2 hours and what is the end result? 5 pages. Yup, 5 pages. Hey, I'm halfway there, right? Unfortunately, I'm a glass-half-empty kind of guy.

It's so hard not to feel like I'm spinning my wheels. It's not like I don't keep up with my work all semester, it's just that some things take a LOT of time to accomplish. So much so that you feel like you are ten feet tall but only taking six inch steps. Oh well, the end is near at least. T-minus sixteen days till finals...

In the words of one of my favorite professors, "Quit whining! Take it like a man!" Yes, sir.

4 comments:

Joshua Stockment said...

YUP. -that is all.

BJ Buracker said...

Ha! Yeah, my day felt about the same.

Which prof was that? It sounds like something Dr. Kik would say.

BJ
Stupid Scholar

Dan Layman said...

Think Greek Exegesis...

The one and only Dr. Cara.

Parse that baby!

Bill said...

If it makes you feel any better:

What goes up
Must come down
Spinning wheel
Go to go round!

I was dissapointed you weren't talking about the BST song! I had to pull it out of the archives and give it a spin.